Who has God put in front of you this Christmas season?
The team here at Christ Chapel has been praying for all of us to know where God is leading us to serve and who he is leading us to reach. Today, we invite you to join us in these following prayer prompts:
- Gratitude for Relationships: Jesus, thank you for the gift of relationships in my life. As we enter this Christmas season, help me to appreciate the people around me and express gratitude for their friendship.
- Open Heart and Eyes: Lord, open my heart and eyes to those who may be feeling lonely or isolated during this season. Guide me to reach out to them with love, compassion and a helping hand.
- Generosity of Spirit: Heavenly Father, instill in me a spirit of generosity. May I be willing to share my time, resources and love with those in need, extending kindness to both friends and strangers alike.
- Listening Ears: Dear God, grant me the patience and ability to truly listen to others. Help me be present in conversations, offering a listening ear to those who may need someone to talk to, especially during this Christmas season.
- Acts of Kindness: Jesus, inspire me to perform random acts of kindness. May I be a beacon of your love by spreading joy and hope through small gestures that make a big difference in someone’s day.
- Forgiveness and Reconciliation: Father, during this season of reconciliation and peace, help me mend any broken relationships. Grant me the strength to forgive and seek forgiveness, fostering an atmosphere of mercy and grace.
- Sharing the Message of Christ: Lord, as we celebrate the birth of your Son, Jesus Christ, empower me to share the message of hope, love and salvation. Guide my words and actions to reflect the true meaning of Christmas.
- Inclusive Celebrations: Heavenly Father, help me create inclusive and welcoming celebrations. May I be mindful of those who may not have family or friends to celebrate with and extend invitations to share in the joy of Christmas.
- Prayers for the Vulnerable: God, I lift up those who are vulnerable and marginalized during this season. May your love and protection surround them, and may I be an instrument of your peace in reaching out to meet their needs.
- Gracious Giving: Lord, teach me the true spirit of giving. May my gifts be given with a gracious and humble heart, reflecting the love and generosity you have shown us through the gift of your Son, Jesus Christ.