Husbands, you take the lead here. End the evening praying out loud with each other. Here’s an optional guide to help you get started:
- Share areas of weakness you would like to grow in.
- Share things you are thankful for in life, beyond what you just shared in your list.
- Share challenges that are before you.
- Hold hands and begin talking out loud to God about the things your partner just shared with you. Ask God to strengthen them in the areas where they feel weak. Praise God for the things they are thankful for. Ask for God’s help in the challenges before them. Take turns praying these things for each other.
- Close in prayer over your relationship. The enemy (Satan) doesn’t want God to get glory from your relationship, so he will most likely try to spoil your efforts to pray together as a couple. You need God’s blessing and help to commit to spending this special time together during date nights, so ask for His protection and help as you commit to praying intentionally together.
How was your prayer time? Be honest with each other about how you felt it went. It’s not going to feel natural if you aren’t used to doing it — and that’s ok! We’re going to help you get better about praying together as a couple this year during our date night series, so keep at it!